We have a new Connections Class starting Sunday, March 17th at 9:30 AM in room 100. It will be led by Dan Lampe. The College & Career ministry is a way for young adults (post—high school through post—college ages) to stay connected to the church and to fellowship with other individuals in their age group. This is a unique time for young adults as they are either heading to college, deciding on a career path, or entering the workforce. We hope to be able to provide a space where we can encourage fellowship, create relationships, and learn and grow together in the gospel of Jesus Christ!
Did you know that you can add Riverside’s website directly to your phone’s home screen? Here's how to create an "app" for any website on your device, allowing you to access shortcuts directly from your home screen. iPhone or iPad 1. Open Safari. Other browsers, such as Chrome, won't work for this 2. Navigate to the website you want to save to your home screen by entering the URL of the website you want to create a shortcut to. Make sure you visit the exact page you want to open through the shortcut. Tap “Go.” 3. Tap the Share button on the bottom of the page. It looks like a square with an arrow pointing out of the top 4. In the list of options that appear, scroll down until you see Add to Home Screen. Tap this. The Add to Home Screen dialog box will appear 5. Choose a name for the website shortcut on your home screen. You'll see the link so you can confirm it, as well as the site's favicon that will appear as the "app" icon on your home screen. Click Add when you're done. Safari will close automatically and you will be taken to where the icon is located on your iPhone’s or iPad's home screen 6. Now just tap the new "app" or shortcut on your home screen, and it will open the website in its own navigation window, independent of what you have open in Safari Note: If you ever decide you want to remove the website shortcut, you can delete it just like you would any other app on your phone. Android 1. Open Chrome 2. Navigate to the website or web page you want to pin to your home screen 3. Tap the menu icon (3 dots in the upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to home screen Choose a name for the website shortcut, then Chrome will add it to your home screen
- June 10, 2024 through June 14, 2024
- 6 PM to 8:15 PM
Kids PreK3- 5th Grade* will be challenged as they discover that God’s truth never changes, everyone needs Jesus, and learn to speak the truth in love. Adventure awaits each day as kids explore tide pools, spot orcas, fly kites, and watch the mighty waves crash up against the immovable Breaker Rock!Pre-register to ensure your child receives a free t-shirt!*All kids must be potty trained
- 10:30 AM
We will have a Baptismal Service on Sunday, March 10th. If you have trusted in Jesus Christ as your Savior, and you are ready to follow in obedience to His command to be baptized, please sign up at the Information Desk. Pastor Josh, Pastor Dennis, an elder, or another ministry leader will contact you to rejoice with you and discuss the details of the baptismal service.
- 6 PM
All women are invited to join us for a night of soup and the painting of a keepsake for Easter! We will meet in the dining room on Monday, March 11th, at 6pm. Bring your favorite soup to share and invite a friend or two!
- 5 PM
The College & Career Class will be going to watch the Lady Dogs play softball on Wednesday, April 10th at 6 PM. Meet at church at 5 PM for a meal ($3 per person) then head to Turner Softball Stadium in Athens (free admission) for a night of fun and fellowship!
Connection clases meets every Sunday morning from 9:30 am to 10:30 am. We have classes for all ages. For more information please call the church office at 706-548-3200 or email us at goRiversideChurch@gmail.com.
• Join us at Riverside Church every Sunday morning from 10:30 am until 11:50 am for our Worship Service.
• Riverside is a multi-generational, multi-racial, and multi-ethnic church.
• There is not a dress code for attending our church. Most people in our church dress casually. You will see people dressed in both collared shirts and jeans, and dresses or dress pants. Come as you feel comfortable.
• Riverside has a full band that leads in worship on Sunday mornings. This team sings hymns as well as songs you would hear on Christian radio. Riverside enjoys singing songs of celebration as well as songs of intimate worship.
• Our Children’s Church classes are taught during the 10:30 am service on Sunday mornings for children in PreK 3 (potty trained)-5th Grade.
• Children’s church is taught using the Gospel Project curriculum by Lifeway. Some people see the Bible only as a collection of stories with morals for life application, but it is so much more than that. Sure, the Bible has some stories in it, but it is also full of poetry, history, codes of law and civilization, songs, prophecy, letters — even a love letter. When you tie it all together, something remarkable happens. A story is revealed. One story. The story of redemption through Jesus.
• It is our desire at Riverside Church for our children to be taught the story of Jesus at a level that they can understand. During children’s church your children will be engaged through songs, games, videos, and storytelling as we creatively seek to share the story of Jesus to your children.
• RiverKids uses a rotation type schedule similar to VBS with Bible exploration time, recreation time, and a time to sing songs to worship God! In RiverKids, we want to reach all children in our community from ages PreK3 through 4th grade and show them how much Jesus loves them! We want them to explore and learn God's rich, wonderful Word called the Bible. We want to show them how to follow God in every area of life.
• RiverKids meets Wednesday nights from 6:30-8:00 during the Madison County school year. RiverKids meetings follow the Madison County School Calendar. But if there is any doubt or if you need more information, contact the church office.
• We ask that all children attending RiverKids be potty trained.
• Riverside Student Ministries exist to engage students with the gospel and the love of Jesus. We desire to partner with parents to help students to own, grow, and defend their faith by following and becoming more like Jesus.
• Riverside Student Ministries meets Wednesdays 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm. Please see Facebook for any weeks that we my not meet.
• Transit - 5th through 6th grade | Youth - 7th through 12th grade
• All Youth and Transit meet in the youth room for a time of worship, fellowship, games, and snacks.
• Youth and Transit then divide into separate groups for Bible Study and small group time.
• Youth Pastor: Dennis Muller
• Youth Leaders: Mandy Bouknight, Travis Hembree
• Transit Leaders: Jennifer Marriner, Iris Newbury
• Adult Bible Study meets every Wednesday from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm in the 300 building.
• For more information please call the church office at 706-548-3200 or email us at goRiversideChurch@gmail.com.